Risk Factors of Meningitis
The following people are at a greater risk of contracting this disease:
• Children below 5 years of age and adults over 60 years.
• People with sickle cell anemia
• People with alcoholism
• People who have undergone organ transplants and are on immune system suppressing drugs.
• People suffering from cancer or receiving chemotherapy.
• IV drug users
- People who have been exposed to meningitis
• People with diabetes
• Those living in close quarters as in day care centers, military barracks or college dormitories.